Information

How Long Will I See Symptoms After My Dog Ate Chocolate?

How Long Will I See Symptoms After My Dog Ate Chocolate?


We are searching data for your request:

Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Wait the end of the search in all databases.
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.

Though your dog may seem interested in sharing a piece of chocolate or a chocolate chip cookie with you, chocolate is highly toxic for your pup and can be deadly in certain amounts. If you suspect your dog has ingested chocolate, it's best to bring your dog into the veterinarian immediately. It may take up to several hours for symptoms to appear, depending on the amount ingested and the size of your dog.

The Danger of Chocolate

Chocolate is made from cocoa beans, which contain caffeine and a chemical compound called theobromine. Theobromine is the real danger, because dogs metabolize theobromine much more slowly than humans. While humans can digest theobromine in 20 to 40 minutes, lasts in a dog's systems for more than 12 hours. The signs of theobromine poisoning is different for many dogs, but the most common clinical signs are diarrhea, vomiting, increased thirst, panting, restlessness, excessive urination, a racing heart rate, muscle spasms and tremors.

References


Watch the video: How long does it take for a dog to get sick after eating chocolate? (July 2022).


Comments:

  1. Chipahua

    What's in my name for you, you appreciate the volume of the chest. And the forest is so mysterious, and the tears are so thoughtful. Everyone has the right to the left. "Blue runs - the car is swinging ..." Every woman deserves sex, but not every woman - twice

  2. Marlow

    Yes they did

  3. Merritt

    The fact you will not return. What is done is done.

  4. Toli

    I think you are making a mistake. Let's discuss this. Email me at PM.

  5. Fenrigore

    not bad



Write a message

Video, Sitemap-Video, Sitemap-Videos